Wiring method for a living room needed.

Last year I wired both of my bedrooms according to standard bedroom wiring practices, and the code.. Now I want to wire my living room, but I only know how to wire a bedroom, and do not know the methods used to wire living rooms. I also plan to wire my dining room after the new year and I dont know the methods used to wire a dining room either. I dont think I will wire the kitchen until next year, but if I do, I will probably hire someone since kitchen wiring seems far too complicated.

Please tell me what to do.

Ralph G. Logan

Reply to
RalphGLogan

Pretend it is a bedroom?

Reply to
Toller

That would be overkill. Bedrooms require AFCIs, living rooms don't. The same receptacle spacing applies. From a wiring standpoint a kitchen and a dining room are the same. All receptacles need to be 20a and any that serve a countertop need GFCI protection.

Reply to
gfretwell