Wiring an outlet

Hello,

I was wondering if it is better to wire an outlet by pigtails or straight thru the outlet. Any suggestions?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I hear a lot of people go for pigtails. Personally I suggest a good quality outlet and use the screws provided.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

..... in multiwire branch circuits, the removal of a wiring device, such as a receptacle, may not interrupt the continuity of the grounded (neutral) conductor [300.13(B)]. Therefore, the grounded (neutral) conductors must be spliced together and a pigtail must be provided for device terminations. The opening of the ungrounded (hot) or grounded (neutral) conductor of a two-wire circuit during the replacement of a device doesn't cause a safety hazard, so pigtailing these conductors isn't required by the NEC. (from

In general, pigrtailing the neutral is considered best practice.

Reply to
Paul A

I pigtail the wires. It is easier to fold up 3 wires when installing the outlet.

Nate

Reply to
Nate Weber