*I do not think so. I have seen plastic boxes deform as a result of heat
from arcing connections. They also melt from fire. A few months ago I got
a call about a bad electric dryer receptacle. There was a loose connection
on the receptacle which caused arcing. The heat generated from the arcing
melted the plastic surrounding one prong of the dryer cord and one side of
the plastic electrical box was charred ash.
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.