Why are snap-on toolboxes so darn expensive?

Some of the "snappy" boxes are crap too. They don't make their own boxes. There are a few companies that make alt all the major brand boxes - the rest are made off-shore,

Mac, Hebrand, Snap-on, and the "proffesional" Craftsman and Mastercraft boxes of years ago were all made by the same 3 companies - and in many cases parts were interchangeable.

Now often the "off brand" American manufacturers make better boxes than Snap-On. Beach is low end. Waterloo makes them across the spectrum, from what I've seen. Lots of others out there.

Mine is an old Herbrand - cost me half what a friend paid for his snap-on. I've still got mine. His has been replaced at least twice. I had mine sand-blasted and repainted at about 15 years.

Reply to
clare

The last job I had where I needed a toolbox I got a Waterloo one. It worked just fine. That said, they're not cheap either. You get what you pays for, I guess.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel