White stains on painted wood door

Hi, I've recently recoated interior wood doors with a wood stain (oak). After about 3 month started seeing white stains all around the coated areas.

Not sure what I did wrong but seems it should be somehow related to the heating (forced air) being turned on, since I've not seen anything like that beforehand.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Vlad

Reply to
vladidan

Is the door employed as an intern?

Curious--is a "cool mist" impeller type humidifier, or an ultrasonic humidifier in use in the house?

These leave mineral dust around if used with tap water...along with other nasties.

Best Regards,

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

What products/process was used to finish these doors? In particular, were the products oil or water based?

I'm also curious what happens if you wipe those white areas with a little mineral spirits? You should probably try this only in a very inconspicuous area.

It looks a little like water/steam damage but that seems improbable unless this pic is from a bathroom/kitchen (or you have a serious moisture problem in your home).

Reply to
Malcolm Hoar

Thanks everyone for replies.

I don't think this is a water damage since the picture is taken at the

2-nd floor room. Moreover I don't see the issue at the basement.

I do use humidifier in bedroom, however I can say I see the stains all over the floor, way beyond the humidified area.

What mineral spirits will be a good try?

Thanks, Vlad

Malcolm Hoar wrote:

Reply to
vladidan