Where you old electronics go

unfortunately this has gone on for many many years. the place in China is only one of many sites that are similar.

and that the USoA does not have full source recycling laws is just plain shameful...

songbird

Reply to
songbird

I'm encouraged that the free market over there can see income and take action. I'm less pleased with the pollution.

What the USA does not need... more laws.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

(sigh) I don't think you realize how large the problem is on a local scale -- regardless of where "local" happens to be!

I've done work with a local recycler. They would process ~3500 pounds of "donations" every day, 6 days a week.

And, they weren't a "mainstream" service! You had to KNOW they existed and where to find them!!

The saddest part was how much of it was in reusable condition... just "outgrown" (I want THIS year's model!). Even sadder to see how much of it was scrapped because of "manufacturing economies" -- save a few pennies here, cut the product life in half...

Reply to
Don Y