where to buy a water heater for hydronic heat system

I bought a condo recently. The heating system is hydronic. Besides the two inlet and outlet on the top of the gas water heater, there are two additional inlet and outlet on the side. There is some water, not much, in the pan under the water heater. I suspect it's time to replace the water heater. Where can I buy a replacement heater? I have never seen one like this in a store.

Reply to
John Smith

The water may be from something easily replaced, like a pressure relief valve.

You don't give much description of the heater. Brand? Model? Size? A plumbing supply will probably have what you want, but a few drops of water does not meat it must be replaced, cut you should find out where it is coming from .

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Look in the yellow pages under 'heating contractors'.

Reply to
Bob

That water heater is available at a professional plumbing outlet. You can also use a regular water heater (pay attention to the BTU's) and a mixing valve (along with a different plumbing diagram. It'll also be a good time to make sure you have shut off valves, check valves and full port purging. Flush the check valves both ways. Id recommend a heating contractor familiar with these systems. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Maybe a combi-core?

Reply to
HeatMan

You need to keep the potable water separate from the heating water. The one the OP mentioned may be just that.

Reply to
HeatMan

Not here you dont. There are tons of condo complex's here with the older Rheem systems in them. High capacity 50 gal water heaters with

40k and 50K Btu's. No separate inlet/outlet connections for the heating system portion. I've even run into a few with no mixing valves on them. Many with no check valves or purge ports to flush the system out so it will heat well again. Go figure........ Bubba
Reply to
Bubba

It may not be code (and it isn't here either), but it should be...

Reply to
HeatMan