What type of spray for Carpenter ants?

Hold the presses......there is a variety of CAs that is small. I did a lot of research when I worked on correcting problems at our condo in Florida. At the time, the info on U of Fla website was specific for Florida CAs and those were not causing damage but were nesting in already damaged structures and rotten or dead limbs outdoors. This link has more info and includes a newer CA with limited occurrence in FL but more in other southern states. Good idea for the OP to catch a few of the ants and take them to local extension service or to find info about ants in his locale. Most extension services have thorough info about pests, including current methods of elimination. Here is the link again:

Norminn

Where is the house located? Any chance there were termites in the building first? Regular termite inspections?

Reply to
Norminn

The carpenter ant's I'm (too) familiar with are jet black.

Carpenter ants need water. The nest in places that are already compromised but they take it downhill fast from there.

Reply to
krw

t I am told are carpenter ants.

Art,

Lightening is what Michael Jackson did to his skin. Lightning is what hit your tree.

Bob H

Reply to
hrhofmann

am told are carpenter ants.

Yup, but when people stop saying "nuc-e-lar" for"nuclear" and down here, "impordant" instead of "important" I'll stop misspelling. On 'nuclear', I've heard professional announcers and even a former President (no, not Carter) say "nuc-e-lar" and it drives me nuts. A former L associate, that mispronounced 'nuclear' found, in the dictionary, that either was ok (oh, for the spelling nuts, it's spelled okay). I couldn't believe that people mispronouncing a word would make Webster cave. BTW, when typing lightening, it looked wrong, but I couldn't figure where to go with it, so I let it slide. Thanks, Bob.

Reply to
Art Todesco

I thought is was "nuke - you - ler"?

I don't shave while looking in a "meer".

When the phone number is "four oh five", I dial #4, and then letter O (which is on number six) and then #5. O is a letter, it's not a zero.

There is no dot key on my computer. Websites can be period com, or point com. But, I don't have a dot key.

.

Yup, but when people stop saying "nuc-e-lar" for"nuclear" and down here, "impordant" instead of "important" I'll stop misspelling. On 'nuclear', I've heard professional announcers and even a former President (no, not Carter) say "nuc-e-lar" and it drives me nuts. A former L associate, that mispronounced 'nuclear' found, in the dictionary, that either was ok (oh, for the spelling nuts, it's spelled okay). I couldn't believe that people mispronouncing a word would make Webster cave. BTW, when typing lightening, it looked wrong, but I couldn't figure where to go with it, so I let it slide. Thanks, Bob.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I've had good luck with liquid ant bait from

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

four oh five is short for four, zero, five just think contraction, or implied, like 'o replaces zero.

I only mention this because for some reason my brain does not accept the word zero well. You say a string of numbers I remember them, but

*if* in the middle of that string; you use zero instead of oh for naught, brain resets and the whole string is lost.

Like fighting dyslexia. aware, must concentrate, but would rather relax and have people use oh for zero, only if it's the letter 'o' then point it out, otherwise oh in a string of numbers is zero and oh in a string of letters is the letter 'o'

So think kindly on others who may have the same mental weakness and 'need' people to accept oh for zero.

...and t> I thought is was "nuke - you - ler"?

Reply to
Robert Macy

Yup, I've heard both nuc-you-lar and nuc-e-lar, short e. Both are wrong, IMO.

Reply to
Art Todesco

re: "So think kindly on others who may have the same mental weakness and 'need' people to accept oh for zero."

I don't see how we can accept oh for zero. There are just too many places where confusion will reign.

Just one example...

"What the serial number of the device, please?"

"JW0453"

If I say Jay Double-U Oh Four Five Three instead of Jay Double-U Zero Four Five Three, things could get very confusing, very fast.

I always use, and I wish everyone else would too, the NATO phonetic alphabet that I learned in the Coast Guard many years ago. It should be taught in school and in industry and used by everyone.

"What the serial number of the device, please?"

"Juliet Whisky Zero Four Five Three"

That's next to impossible to confuse with:

"Juliet Whisky Oscar Four Five Three"

More often than not, when I use the NATO phonetic alphabet, there is no confusion when I spell a word or rattle off a serial number. On rare occasions, I get something like "Was that J as in July, W as in Watermelon, etc?" I usually just shake my head and put up with it.

What's easier to say and understand?

"DerbyDad03 - Delta Echo Romeo Bravo Yankee Delta Alpha Delta Zero Three"

or

"DerbyDad03 - D as in David, E as in Echo, R as in Remember, B as in Boy, Y as in Yankee, etc, etc, etc."

Reply to
DerbyDad03