What to use for pool boarder?

I've just put in an above ground frame and liner pool from Intex and now that the area I put it on has been leveled I'm getting standing water after a rain storm. I'd like to put something down either to act as a sponge to help keep it dry looking or something to drain it off.

I was thinking that I could put mulch around and that would at least make it look better and keep the standing pools of water at bay but I'm worried about the metal frame legs rusting. Has anyone done something like this? Did you get rusted and/or rotted out metal legs?

To help with the legs I thought of cutting a small plastic container in half and using it to keep the mulch back from direct contact with the metal but there again I might be focusing any water buildup right at the metal then.

How about the liner? I was thinking that since the liner is designed to go directly on the ground that a little more 'soil' around its bottom edge shouldn't be a problem but I am concerned about rot there too.

Ideas??

One other thing, this is a summer only pool, I'm in Pennsylvania, and we will be taking it down every fall.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

If I had a pool boarder, I'd want it to be an attractive, young female.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Washed peastone won't track into the pool or the house. Or you could install some drain pipes if there is a lower area to direct the water. A good coat of primer and paint on the legs will help.

Reply to
bamboo