What to do with lawn after pool is removed

All

There used to be an above ground pool in my back yard. Since it has been removed the area where the pool used to be does not absorb water very well. As a matter of fact it almost looks like I converted my above ground pool to an in ground pool. What do I have to do to that area in order to make it absorb water better and create an 'I never had a pool there' look.

Reply to
Say_what

Aerate the soil. This can be done by turning the soil over with a pitchfork, pick or something similar. You can also dig a few holes and "plant" earthworms - let them help with the work.

RicodJour

Like Rick said, and planting grass with some new topsoil it will eventualy loosen itself

Reply to
m Ransley

Probably least work is to go rent a good-sized tiller for an afternoon and dig it up as deep as you can...a load of humus tilled at the same time would doubtless be beneficial as well.

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

This is Turtle.

Sorry But I can't stand not saying it ! Do you plant the Earth Worms head down or head up ?

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

This is Turtle.

Wait about 10 years and it will loosed up by the grass growing or do like Duane said, Till it down about 6" and plant grass.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Astro Turf !!!

Reply to
email

Pave it and park there.

Reply to
scott_z500

I can't believe I have to tell you this!

They're planted so just their little heads stick out. Otherwise, they'd obviously suffocate, now wouldn't they?

RicodJour

You say "used to be there". Was it actually removed or only filled in with maybe the curbing removed to get it below ground level? If it was just filled in you probably can't do anything with it as the water has nowhere to go.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Would that quailfy as a car wash?

Reply to
1

I think tilling the area, or aerating (sp?) it in some way and throwing out some grass seed, would go along way toward making the area more normal. It's most likely really compacted. Good luck, Eileen

Reply to
E Gregory

This is Turtle

Due to a long term need for replacement worms to finish the job. You need to buy Male and female Worms. You need 1,000 Male worms and 100,000 Female worms because the 100 female worms ratio to one male worm will keep the male worm working all the time with the 100 female worms tell the male worm to make more money to buy more stuff for the worm home.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Yeah, I'm wondering too. Also, I'm wondering if I should get the male or female worms.

Jabs

Reply to
Jabs

Um, it was an *above* ground pool. If he filled it in instead of removing it, he's got a whole 'nother set of problems ;-)

Reply to
Andy Hill

Reply to
Michael Baugh

We used Sudan Grass to loosen an area. The roots go down really deep, so when the plant gets cut, the decaying plant root path will give nice organic value to the soil.

Reply to
Michael Baugh