what texture pattern for my walls?

I want to texture my walls before painting them something like this:

but not quite so red.

any suggestions? links to images would be great.

TIA

Reply to
Lorenzo il Magnifico

I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you suggesting that people post links to colors, textures, what? I can suggest things to search for, though: Venetian plaster would be a good start.

RicodJour

Suppose you texture your walls...any texture. Now you paint them. You then have textured walls that are all *one* color, not with a variation of color as in the photo. What you want to do to achieve that efffect is to paint with *different* colors. Check Google for "faux paint".

-- dadiOH ____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06... ....a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

looks like a sand wash texture in that pic. there's probably better quality but Behr has a variety of faux texture paints. You can check out their site to get some ideas. I don't know offhand who makes the best quality faux texture paint.

good luck ml

Reply to
kzinNOSPAM99

Drywall mud...

  1. Rent a commercial unit and you can spray drywall mud as light to heavy orange peel which can be knocked down.

  1. Rent a hopper and use a small compressor and you can spray light orange peel.

  2. Trowel it on and you can use anything you want to create a texture. Even your bare ass.

Texture paint...

  1. Sand finish

  1. Venetian plaster

  2. Plain which can be textured with whatever you want. Even your bare ass.

IOW, WTF is "suitable"?