What's the point of a triangular awning?

Less wind areas.

Wrong because of the reduced area.

But more sail area.

Staying still isnt what matters.

Yes.

Even sillier than you usually manage and that's saying something.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I have no shed, the whole house is everything. works much better.

I only have fences around the back yard and they are too low to be useful for a sail.

I only have one tree in the back yard because it's a passive solar house with the back of the house facing north.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Most people have some kind of trees in their garden. I guess you hate wildlife or something?

If not, no fence? Shed? Or just use two poles, then end up with a shade that actually serves a purpose? A triangular one is easier but useless.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Much easier to hang than a rectangle - any 3 points will work.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

No, those with only ONE place to tie to use a KITE

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Cocaine?

Reply to
rbowman

If you spun it very fast it could protect a much larger area! If you made it into a pyramid you could sharpen razor blades under it or sell it as a piece of modern art work. Brian being daft

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Spinning it very fast would cause a stroboscopic effect, then you'd get all the myths about skin cancer, reflecting things to pilots, etc.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Have you ever tried to fly a one string kite? You need two to steer.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

3 is not much less than 4. Think about why 3 wheeled cars are very unpopular.
Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Commander Kinsey snipped-for-privacy@military.org.jp> wrote

Duh.

Nope.

Reply to
Rod Speed

It is with where you can tie it to.

Different reason entirely, stupid.

Reply to
Rod Speed

For photography and spotting-scope nature-watching and star-gazing - I really like my 4-legged tripod - ... except when it wobbles ... John T.

Reply to
hubops

That's a good point. Especially since often the ground may not be even. An extra leg would hold an expensive camera a lot better.

Computer chairs are now 5 legs/wheels. Ever sat on one of the old 4s? Even easier to tip over. Although with any number of legs I always manage to get the top of the back of my shoe caught under a leg, stand up, and send it flying behind me. A colleague once thought I was doing it in temper.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I couldn't lie on my back underneath that. It's pure filth and goes well beyond the vulgarity of the ink blobs I'm shown, ..for therapy, I'm told. "It's not good for you to think in these ways, Ray, but, do come and give me your opinion on these pictures."

Reply to
RayL12

16ft*3 isn't small is it? Depending on angles, that could create a large shadow area.
Reply to
RayL12

With three very narrow parts.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

What is filthy?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

With angles and distance those 'narrow shadows' could be on the nextdoor property.

Reply to
RayL12

Which would what, cause a court case?

Reply to