What makes s mirrror suitable for the nearsighted

Invention

In the 1960s, Nan Grey [the cute actress, who had an important role in Dracula's Daughter] invented and marketed a cosmetic mirror especially suited to nearsighted women. An obituary noted, "Among its users was Princess Grace of Monaco."[3]

What would make a mirror especially suited to nearsigthed peoople? I googled and so far I've only found convex, magnifying mirrors. Was she the first one to think of that? In addition, doesn't anyone benefit from a magnifying mirror? You can see more details with one. Why would nearsighted benefit more?

micky

How about good, old fashioned, money? Don't the convex ones cost more?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

If they're near-sighted, they can already do that.

Oh, and concave.

Reply to
micky

More likely the problem is that the text is upside down.

It's a common problem in Oz.

Reply to
micky

Is that your experience with applying eye liner?

I've been nearsighted all my life. In order to do anything precise in the vicinity of my eyes, I have to get within about 6 inches of the mirror. It's a little difficult to wield an eye liner brush that close to a mirror.

If magnifying mirrors weren't needed, nobody would make and sell them.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

Cindy is right. I'm nearsighted too and don't use eye liner so I avoid the risk of not having it perfect.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski