WD 40 Question

plastic? eww...

it works. i would suggest a follow up with formula 409. i would further suggest you stop using plastic.

randy

Reply to
xrongor

I have been using WD40 to wipe down my hand tools after use and also to wipe down the external casing of my power tools such as cordless drill and orbital sander.

Is this a good or appropriate use?

Even if I am reasonably careful, will spraying and wiping down the exterior of electric hand tools cause problems by getting into the gears and motors? If so, what else would you recommend for cleaning the exterior of power tools?

Thanks

Reply to
blueman

I use it to clean the heavy grease that flings off the chain of my motorcycle onto the wheel of the motorcycle. What takes forever with just a towel, takes a few minutes with a towel and some wd-40. The grease comes right off, and the residue of the wd-40 is almost none. Have to be careful not to get it on the tires though.

RT

Hi, It is rather solvent. It can cause rusting. Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang