Water Stain on beige wall o wall carpet.......

Was geting ready to run the Bissell Pro Heat Sampooer over a beige wall to wall in a downstairs bedroom.

I managed to drop a full water tank on to the rug. Clean, hot water, getting loaded into the shampooer. Whn it hit the rug, the tank split and the clean water resevoir leaked out all over about a 2 1/2 - 3 foot circle on the rug.

Trust me, if its possible to be a klutz, I can do it.

Anyway, about a gallon of hot water is on rug. Used the shop vac get up a much as I could. Could not use the shampooer to suck up the clean water as the tank into which the machine puts suked up water was broken.

Note, no cleaning solution spilled, no irty wate spilled.

After the rug finally dried, I have a water stain on the rug, a circle where the water spilled. About 2 1/2 - 3 foot diameter.

Any ideas about how to get the water stain out? Its real noticeable, especially around the edges of the circle.

Reply to
jJim McLaughlin

Not familiar with your carpet or cleaning methods. Get the water out as soon as one can or even pull the carpet back. A fan will help dry the carpet. Don't use a soap on carpet for the water ring. Try a light solution of white vinegar and water (test area). A bristled [sp] brush will help the scrubbing. vacuum out the solution.

-- Oren

"I don't mind coming to work, but that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch!"

Reply to
Oren