Water softener questions

For those interested, search this group for author: Gary Slusser ...back several years.

Old threads and now his web forums. A phone call is not advised. The man is busy.

Reply to
Oren

Ahh but you are adding the nutrients that plants need to the softened water. I was talking about watering plants straight from softened water without additives.

Reply to
The Henchman

We just hooked our drinking water up to the softener. Brand new softeners these days do a far better job at rinsing the salt away then older ones...

Reply to
The Henchman

Softened water shouldn't hurt vegetation but it is a waste of money. It would be nice for the final rinse but it's overkill to have separate faucets for washing cars and watering the posies.

Reply to
krw

That's how mine is set up. We have a car washing spigot and a yard spigot.

Jim

Reply to
JimT

Well, sad news. I was reading in Gary's forums. I knew Clack was shutting down internet sales, and it is the valve Gary recommended.

Gary has RETIRED! Good for Gary! He posted in part "The bottom line is that after 14 yrs online and 24 yrs in the business, I, actually WE are seriously enjoying no phone calls, not answering emails and posts all over the internet"

Looks like no need to recommend Gary anymore. Still I am very pleased I bought from him. Hope this link works.

Thurman

Thanks for that update. I was not aware of this. If his web site stays up, it is still a good resource. If the site goes down, likely google will have it cached.

Reply to
Oren

pawanyadav629