Water softener hammering problem

I have recently put in a water softener in my home for the first time. The softener came with a GE #760 control valve on it. When it is regenerating there is a loud water hammer between cycles C4 & C5. I also have an iron filter ahead of the softener. I have tried a 3/4" hammer arrester before and after the softener with no luck. I also ran a regeneration with the iron filter in bypass. The hammering continued. I am on a well and other then the hammering the softener works fine. Any ideas.

Reply to
dtenpas5

Call the person you bought it from. If you are sure that the hammering is in the backwashing valve and not something else. Sometimes a large water flow will cause something else to shake, rattle and role. While in backwash mode use a plastic handle screw driver and put the plastic to your temple as you put the steel end to other pipes. You will be able to narrow down to the exact spot.

Reply to
Jack Hammer