Water Pressure Increase?

JennK:

J > Probably an often asked question, but my house is on public water and the J > pressure is very poor. There is a noticeable drop when more than one fauce

J > is on, however it's still useable. This is a nuisance and I was wondering J > what I can do to fix this. Specifically I need to fix the supply to the J > shower, which is driving me insane. Somebody recommended I upgrade these J > pipes to a larger diameter wherever they are visible. Will this work even J > though there will still be "bottlenecks"?

Another possibility which I did not see mentioned was the main shut-off at the water meter may not be open fully. If the valve doesn't turn relatively easily spray a little WD-40 onthe stem and let soak for several hours or overnight. ("Spray" is probably not the way to do it: partially depress the valve on the can and let a few drops drip out.)

Increasing the house pipe diameter probably won't do much good as you also need to have the supply pipe from the street increased. OTOH if the house pipes are clogged then replacing the pipes will effectively increase the diameters.

  • Senior Hits! Paul Simon - "Fifty Ways To Lose Your Liver"
Reply to
barry martin

first, is every faucet including outside ones low on pressure ? and how about hot water ? if only some of the outlets are low, i would bet you have some rocks stuck behind the valves. I had that happen and i removed the valve and stuck my air nozzle in the pipe and blew them out. iif all your outlets are low just get a booster pump for 150.00 that will bring the pressure up.

Reply to
Playintennis5274