Water leaking in basement...

Just had a house built. Raised ranch with unfinished basement. I noticed we get alot of water runoff from the roof as we dont have gutters yet. There is a small spot on the back wall in the basement where i see water seeping through. Not coming in large amounts... tends to be just a wet spot behind my furnace. The builder did put something in the ground for drainage with a drainage pipe in our back yard. What would be the easiest way of getting this leak fixed?

Reply to
Jason

Get your guttesr on and direct the water away for the concrete wall. If you intend to not use gutters make sure the surrounding landscaping next to the wall is pitching away form the house not puddling it up against the foundation

Reply to
Randd01

gutters and grade. The gutters are to carry the water from the roof to a spot away from the foundation. The grade is to keep surface water from getting back to the foundation. You can do either one alone, but for best results, you need both....

--JD

Reply to
jduprie