Water in my basement

I live in an old 2 story that has 0 weeping tile. I frequently get water in my basement. not enough to float but enough of a hazzard that keeps me out of my workshop. I installed rain gutters and pipe this water well away from the house. I dug down 3-4 feet and put in a french drain - could not get down to the footing to put in weeping tile. Is there a product (professional or do it yourself) that can be applied from the inside (I have 0 idea what the basement foundation is like as it was drywalled by the previous owner - and i'd be happy to rip this out. I do know that the poured concrete floor is only there

20 years. Any comments?
Reply to
Fogbank

There is a product called Dryloc that is essentially paint on concrete. It seals the pores and small cracks in concrete block and/or poured concrete walls. Depending on how much water you're seeing, it might be an option.

The stuff isn't cheap - $20 or so a gallon, and a gallon only covers a small area (maybe 80 SF if I remember correctly). Also, it is a bitch to apply. Too thick to roll effectively, and brushing it on is a lot of work...

KB

Reply to
Kyle Boatright

Another solution is to put weeping tile on the inside and a membrane on the inside of the walls to direct any water that comes in down to the weeping tiles and then into a sump pit.

Reply to
Alan

How does the gutter work? If it works, you may not need to do anything else at this point.

Jay Chan

Reply to
Jay Chan

Yup, though expensive. I have a B-Dry system. Works beautifully as long as I have power to the sump pump.

Two things:

  1. If you at all can have the B-Dry or whatever inside-ditch system drain outside by gravity (beware of adding drainage to neighbors' properties and check regulations concerning porting the water to a storm drain), do so. What brings a lot of water also tends to knock out electrical power.

  1. It is preferable to solve the water problem from the outside. The OP may already have done so.

From what I understand, the Drylock won't do much unless it's a very small problem. Water pretty much goes where it will.

Banty

Reply to
Banty

the gutters work fine - there is no run off over the edge of the roof and the down spout drains about 20 feet from the house (2 sperate pipes) on a down slope. I suspect I have a high water table.

Reply to
Fogbank