Water Filters in parallel?

I needed a carbon filter and bought a 2 pack at an auction for $4! Quite a gloat.

Included in the lot were 3 new $40 filter housings. I suppose I could unload them on eBay, but I wonder if I could install them in parallel. I get my water from a well and having two filters across the line doesn't do much for the pressure. I wonder if I put several filters in parallel (keeping a coarse and fine "group" in series) it would improve the output. Or am I overestimating the resistance the filter put on the water flow? Thanks.

Reply to
toller

Yes, it would improve the output.

And no, you are not overestimating the resistance IF you are talking about a small .5 or 1 micron filter.

Reply to
JimL

Only if you can plumb both/all exactly the same so one doesn't flow sooner of better than the other. Not a good idea IMO.

It's also not a good idea to use carbon on water of unknown microbiological content; IOWs, if you don't know for sure that there is no type of bacteria in the water, not just say Coliform. Bacteria love to live'nbreed in carbon, it provides them a lot of organics that they thrive on.

Gary Quality Water Associates

Reply to
Gary Slusser