Washer - Whirlpool vs Kenmore

Was this a Sears store or a Sears parts location? Our parts place seems to stock most commonly used Kenmore/Whirlpool parts. They do a lot better than the independant "appliance parts" guy.

Reply to
gfretwell

I think that a lot of items are scratched or dented simply because Sears stores use hand carts that scrape bare metal against the products. So if you plan on buyng an open box item, bring along some cardboard or a towel, and insist that Sears cover the product with it before they haul it.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Most items at outlets are returns from other customers, not scratched or dented as most people think. If you compare prices, though, you will find that they are pretty much the same as brand new items.

Reply to
nospamtodd

But the way they handle arge returned items in the stores here, items that were cosmetically perfect become scratched and dented.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Whirlpool ranks a tad better according to CR...but it depends on the model.

Reply to
i_never_shake_stuff

I just bought an LG Dishwasher ($799 at Home Depot) at an ApplianceSmart outlet for $599 as a "scratch and dent". The "dents" were so subtle that you have to be standing in specific light looking from a specific angle or you'd never see them. You can be right in front of the unit and feel up and down and you'd never notice. I'm kind of picky, but for $200 off that was fine by me.

The thing cleans like a dream, by the way, and it's stainless in and out...

-Tim

Reply to
Tim Fischer

replying to Tim Fischer, Donna East wrote: Purchased a Whirlpool Washer today & I was praying that the Kenmore which was $50.00 less wasn't the better one & the salesman just wanted me to pay higher for him better commission. I worry because first I can't afford wasting $$$ &

2- me females normally suffer bigger loss. Thanks Tim now I don't feel salesman got 1- in on me.
Reply to
Donna East