Wall oven Natural Gas

The coil that ignites the flame has been replaced 3 times. So many times that I now stock the item. But the problem I have now is with the flame size...

Top burner - broiler - fine. Bottom burner - very small flame. Takes forever to get to heat....

I suppose my next step is to take everything apart and look for some regulator...perhaps replace? Probably just swap top and bottom so at least I have an oven that works (bake but doesn't broil) (see: igniter)

mr. curious

Reply to
ng_reader

I'd guess the burner orifice is partially plugged...there's no independent pressure regulator so if there's adequate to the broiler the bake should have no problem in that regard.

Reply to
dpb

Bottom burner clogged or has some grease on it?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'd have to agree .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Sounds like a plan. The gas connection is really only metal hovering inside of metal. Similar to my outdoor gas grill. Could be that it's just not centered correctly. If what I've read is accurate then that is likely the case...

Reply to
ng_reader

who says everything on the Internet is wrong?

Ok, well, I do.

Removed and cleaned out tip coming from line to burner. thought that I got it, as clearly more air was able to pass thru after cleaning.

no difference. the burner is set to simmer, and i want it on full.

cheers future self

Reply to
ng_reader

As a footnote, the 1/2 " gas orifice needed to be backed off. Made a world of difference.

websearch this:

All Points 26-1780 Brass Hood Burner Orifice; #56; Natural Gas / Liquid Propane; 3/8"-27 Thread; 1/2"

and you might get a better understanding

Reply to
ng_reader