walkup basement steps - mildew problem

Our concrete steps on the walkup basement (exterior) have lots of mildew. I just pressure washed the steps and now they are clean.

I was wondering.. is there any paint that I can apply on the steps that will prevent mildew or make it easier to clean? If yes, I'd appreciate recommendations.

Thanks

Reply to
Deja User

The mold is still there even though you washed it , spray it with straight bleach or maybe 50 -50 water. Bleach will kill it but unless you change the invironment there it will come back. I am in shade and every few months spray with a garden sprayer bleach on concrete mold. Be sure to rinse the sprayer bleach is hard on them. Paint , well you can and there are additives, but the mold likes it there it can grow back. Bleach is the easiest and quickest way to keep it clean

Reply to
m Ransley