Visual screen for garden junque area

We are redoing a back area formerly occupied by (a) laying hens and then (b) vegetable garden. Years ago we laid brick in an area approx

12'x 16'' against the neighbor fence. It is occupied by unsightly but necessary garden junque and building materials.

Proposal to screen off area:

Attach 2x4s to the garage wall and alley block wall.

Sink center post by removing relevant bricks, making hole, pouring cement.

Bridge 16'' horizontal gap by attaching 2x4s top and bottom to wall verticals and center post.

Using 4'x8' trellises from HD or similar, frame them up with the lightest lumber that will do the job. Anything less than 2x4 would be desirable.

Attach to previously constructed frame, linking with hinges or rigid connectors.

Hinge one of the 4x8 trellises to serve as door to get stuff out of the junque area.

Grow vines up the other 3 trellises.

We have been over this a million times, but still would value input from the skilled craftspeople on this NG about possible hidden flaws.

Also less expensive alternatives solicited. Objective: Screen the junque area.

TIA

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

Wouldn't it be much easier to simply install the tallest chain link fence you can find and then use the slats that they sell to fill in the links? A nice clean installation with a ready made gate would add a lot to your property. Quite harping on cheap...you need to get it done decently unless you happen to live in rural Arkansas.

Joe

Reply to
Joe