Vinyl floor repair question

I have a cut in a sheet vinyl floor that is not glued down. I would like to repair this by "injecting" some glue with a hypodermic through the cut to glue the area surrounding the cut to the floor. I would press the vinyl down and wipe/wash off any glut that came up through the cut. Then I would place a weight down on the area until the glue set. If necessary, I could use a vinyl sealer to seal the cut following the glueing process.

Questions:

  1. Is this a bad irea?

  1. If not, what king of glue should I use that: (a) Will adhere well when thin enough not to make a "bump" in the vinyl surface (b) Can be cleaned up (glue may ooze out through the crack) (c) Will not damage the surfact of the vinyl.

Many thanks.

Reply to
NoSpam

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote on 21 Sep 2007 in group alt.home.repair:

Your local hardware store will have a repair kit that contains everything you need to do your repair, except for a seam roller, for about $15 US. If you're careful, you can repair it well enough that you'll have to know where to look to find the tear.

Reply to
Steve