Utility Tub Check valve

I have a 27 in' EL Mustee uitlity tub in the basement that takes the drain water from the washer. When it rains badly, water backs up into the tubs and somtimes spills over. The tub drain pipe drains to a pipe that goes into the discharge to the sewer. Are there any drawbacks to putting a check valve in the tub drain line? The drain line is 1 1/2 PVC. So would I cut the pipe and install the check in the middle or replace the entire pipe with a check already installed.

TIA

Ken

Reply to
Ken

You should have a check valve installed horizontally in the line. There's nothing worse than the stench of sewage backing up into the basement.

Reply to
Rich

Thanks, Rich,

What's the best way to install this check valve?

Reply to
Ken