UPS battery options

I just threw a couple of those away. I found out in Irma that the batteries were toast and it was not worth buying new ones. I do think I will get some LED lights tho. I am just going to plug them into a UPS somewhere.

Reply to
gfretwell

I am not sure I really need that much light these days. I had the emergency lights when the kids were here. We are pretty good in the dark ;-) I am more thinking about just putting my motion light in the main room on a UPS with LED bulbs and calling it a day

Reply to
gfretwell

I have 2 that came with LEDs - solar powered. CXheap. And unlike the

120 volt halogen ones I've purchased over the years, they actually WORK
Reply to
Clare Snyder

You just need to be sure they are the relay type. The old Heath Zenith ones work fine. These are not the kind that fit in a device box and power through the load, they go in a 1/2" K/O with 3 wires.

Reply to
gfretwell

On my first UPS, when the first battery wore out, I broke the thin plastic ribs out of the case and put in a battery, of the same type, but twice as big.

So if you're a shlub like me, you'd be better off with a non-maintenance-free battery. Do they still sell those?

Reply to
micky

The same case is used on the APC 350 and 500 units - with a rib cast in to keep the 3.5Ah battery from rattling around in the case of the

350. Cut out the rib and a 7 or 8 ah battery fits. I've done that a lot, as the 7-8 ah battery is easier to find and about the same price.

Get an "AGM" battery

Reply to
Clare Snyder