UPDATE - condensation problems while taking a shower with newly installed bathroom exhaust fans

I added insulation around the fan housing and it made the problem even worse in the smaller bathroom

For now I am running the small space heater while taking a shower as I don't experience any condensation then.

One thing I should have mentioned is that the fan is installed on a 8 degree slant ceiling instead of a flat ceiling.

Could this be the problem?

Also, since the bathroom is so tiny, perhaps I need a stronger fan(more than 80 cfm), since the steam builds up very fast while taking a shower.

I'm all out of ideas, as I've tried everything(read the previous post).

Reply to
youngi

You might consider this:

Nick

Reply to
nicksanspam

Be sure you have a good way for enough air to enter the bathroom to replace what the fan blows out. If you don't the fan may not be effective.

Don Young

Reply to
Don Young

I tried leaving bathroom door all the way open and also window open....it doesn't help at all

The site that nick recommended I actually called and they recommended sealing off the shower completely???

that would not look very nice and is not really an option.

I guess I'm just stuck with it, until I find a better solution to this problem.

Reply to
youngi

Good idea.

Awww...