unusual (double-toothed fork) scredriver?

Dear All,

I'm trying to dissassemble electric teapot I bought some time ago at Target, out of 3 screws keeping the bottom of the device 1 is quite strange - screwdriver for it would look like double-toothed fork. What is a proper name for such a screwdriver/screw and where one can poissibly get it from?

thanks,

PK

Reply to
kovzany

Spanner drive, snake eyes screwdriver, similar to this?:

Grandpa

Yes, Sir, thanks a lot :-) Is there any story behind this type of driver - why are they so rare?

Reply to
kovzany

Like a standard screwdriver with a notch in the middle of the blade.

I've seen some strange ones like that. They're called "security screws". I got this

screwdriver set, which includes bits for various kinds of security screws.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Just another tamper resistant screw. To keep you from doing what you are.

Reply to
Grandpa

> screwdriver set, which includes bits for various kinds of security screws. Yes, spanner bits are included in this one as well, but I'm going to buy a smaller set for a while:
thanks,

PK

Reply to
kovzany

Looks like you could introduce a flat tip bit to a small cut off wheel and make one easily. Or maybe the screw slot could be finished in the center.

Reply to
T Shadow

>> screwdriver set, which includes bits for various kinds of security

My nearby Harbor Freight has that set on sale for $4.99.....Paul

Reply to
catguy

>> screwdriver set, which includes bits for various kinds of security screws.

That looks like the insert that comes in that larger set, and contains the security bits. That'd be OK if you already have all the non-security ones.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

>>> screwdriver set, which includes bits for various kinds of security

And online they have them marked down to $2.99. I just got a set through Amazon, but I'm tempted to get a few from HF just for the carrying case.

[$7 shipping up to $14.99-- so if I got 4 I'd still be under $20 and not have to leave home. ]

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Could you please point me to particular webpage? I tried to search at their website, and cannot find it.

Thanks,

PK

Reply to
kovzany

ITEM 93388-5VGA

Note the spelling of freight--- I see there is an opportunist at harborfrieght dot com.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht