Unused water heater, leave full or empty?

All dogs have a body temperature of 101-102F, no? Rat-dogs just have a lot more surface area (per weight) than large dogs.

Reply to
krw

Some dogs are weird. Of course, living in Florida where their water can hit 120 degrees out in the sun may make a difference.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

The Shitzu by dad & step mom had would sit out in the yard, and lay on snow when it was below freezing. Maggie loved to have her bowl full of ice water & cubes to chew on. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

The goofy little dog burrows under the blankets with me and is like a four legged hot water bottle and sometimes the little critter will lick my knee and of course it tickles but it feels like a big Q-tip dipped in hot water. An Internet search shows a normal body temp of up to 102.5°F for the mini-mutts. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

This is trivia, but the 1970's rock band named "Three Dog Night" got it's name from the Inuit practice of sleeping with their sled dogs in the snow shelters they would make for themselves every night. That's because dogs have a higher metabolic rate than people so their body temperature is higher, and sleeping with dogs is like sleeping with hot water bottles. A three dog night would, according to Inuit hunters, be a very cold night.

PS: The term "Inuit" refers to the indigenous peoples of northern Alaska, nothern Canada and Greenland, and means "people" in the native language of the Inuit. If any of the Americans in here ever get up to Alaska, northern Canada or Greenland, keep in mind that the Inuit consider the word "eskimo" to be a derogatory slur (but not nearly as derogatory or insulting as the "N" word is to African Americans). That's cuz the word "eskimo" is what the early Europeans settlers referred to these people as, and in the Inuit language the word "eskimo" roughly translates to "eater of raw meat". The Inuit have long felt that was an insulting label.

The government of Canada trains some Inuit people to be it's eyes and ears in the North. These people make regular patrols in the remotest regions of our northern islands and are trained to identify foreign (notably Soviet and Danish) military activity in Northern Canada and report that activity back to the Canadian government. This reconnaisance is especially important in the area between Baffin Island and Greenland where the ownership of Hans Island (and therefore the ownership of the associated mineral resources and fishing rights) is in dispute. This group of Inuit are officially part of the Canadian military and are known as the "Canadian Rangers". The role of the Canadian Rangers will increase in importance as global warming opens up a year-round ice-free sea route between Europe and the far East.

'Canadian Rangers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia'

nestork

c/Inuit/Aborigines/ c/dog/Dingo

What do they think of being called Aborigines?

What does Canuckistan do with Aborigines?

Since you're using Wiki...

krw

I thought the "Three do night" reference involved a practice of the Australian Aborigines? That's what I remember anyway. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I just noticed I missed the "G" in dog. "do", I could have been referring to three hairdos. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Yep.