unltrasonic mouse repellants... do they work?

I have a tenant who is deathly afraid of mice. I have had a rather intractable problem in this one building where she resides. I bait, kill them off, and they come back a few months later.

I am in the process of filling all the interior walls with cellulose to deprive them of nesting areas and to seal all the holes that they come through. This is a very old building that shares common walls, so there are lots of penetration that allow the mice to move around at will. Unfortunately, the holes, plumbing penetrations, etc are all buried behind the walls. Closing them up directly is not an option.

I need SOMETHING as a temporary stopgap measure, until I can finish retrofitting the place. I have read that mice eventually build up a resistance to those ultrasonic emitters. Has anyone here had good / bad experience using them?

Reply to
Slumlord

The only success gained, is the seller parting you from your money.

Get more traps. or one of those catch and release types and then continue with you plans.

As for the catch and release..Dump them in a bin by themselves..Winner eats best :)

Reply to
Gene

The only good thing about them is it may make your tenant fell better. However it will not stop or even slow up the mice.

I suggest a professional exterminator. They have tools and materials you don't have access to.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Buy your tennant a pet ferret. The mean kind, not the friendly ones.

Reply to
Goedjn

Think cat. You can borrow one.

Reply to
HeyBub

I agree. I have wasted hours trying to outwit the little b$$$$$$s, to no avail, but the pro's worked it out in no time. Those guys know their enemy, and can normally work out how to get rid of them. And probably no more expensive than the cost of filling walls with cellulose. Some of them will also guarantee you to be mouse free if you use them to fix the vulnerabilities.

Reply to
Mat and Suzy

Goedjn wrote: Buy your tennant a pet ferret. The mean kind, not the friendly ones.

The ferret may be more expensive than simplier approaches.

Also, always check local code before purchasing a ferret. In many areas they are illegal.

Reply to
Gideon