uneven floor

I will investigate all circumstances. Thank you all for the excellent advice. I will check back in to give an update.

rider89 Wrote:

sometimes the foundation is fine, but the ends of the floor joists have > crushed, usually due > to longterm moisture in the footing/foundation. if so, shimming up > the > ends of the joists is a relatively > straightforward process, although getting there to do it can be the > tough > part. another problem > is whether building materials (baseboards, etc) have been added since > the > floor settled. these would > obviously need to be cleared before the floor can be elevated. > > bill > > > so what is your question > > "aj191e" snipped-for-privacy@news.homeimprovementbanter.com wrote in > message > news: snipped-for-privacy@news.homeimprovementbanter.com...- > > My kitchen was remodled by the previous owners. The contractor did a > very bad job. If you take a look at one end of the room you will see > that the floor is sloping down. The house is 105 years old and the > addition's floor has settled. Because that end of the kitchen is > where > i would like to put my Refrigerator, i now need to fix the floor. > Is their a product that i can use to even out the floor? It is a > framed > wood floor over a crawspace. > > > -- > aj191e- > > -
Reply to
aj191e