TV won't stay off

I have a Mitsubishi rear-projection TV that's about 3 years old that has recently been exhibiting a strange characteristic. Every now and then, when it's shut off with the "power" button on the remote controller, the set turns off and then immediately comes back on again. Is symptom just described a sign that something is failing, or about to fail? I have an extended warranty that's still in force. Thanks for your replies! PE

Reply to
pe

Utilize the extended warrantee. If you start messing, you may lose coverage anyway.

BB

Reply to
BinaryBillTheSailor

Put a fresh battery in the remote, and don't hold the power button down too long.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

My 46' RCA Rear Projection (4 years old)had a similar glitch. My TV repairman suggested that I unplug it for a bit, then retry. It worked well for me. It resets the box presets.....

Reply to
ecard

I'd suggest posting this message to alt.tv.tech.hdtv. I am an HDTV wannabe and I've got lots of good info there.

Reply to
Dave Gower

Use your extended warranty. That's why you purchased it right? Let the pros check it out. Good luck

Reply to
Me

Hi, Or if the switch on the TV does not cause problem, you may have sticky button on the remote control. Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang