Tub Facuet got pluged with calcium from hot water Tank

Hi any suggestions how to unplug the faucet? or should I just replace it with a new faucet? I currently have a Central brass. Any suggestions on a new faucet. Next question I am afraid to ask what a Plummer would charge to put a new one in.

thanks Mike

Reply to
mike

Seen a lot of CB faucets but never one clogged with calcium. Are you *sure* the clog is actually inside the brass casting and not in the connecting piping?

If you remove the seats in the faucet, you should be able to ream out all the passages. Or-force acid into it to dissolve the minerals.

Replacing one (assuming in a tile wall) is not a trivial job and often leads to wall damage that then needs to be repaired. I would do everything I could to salvage the present one.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim