trouble light - complete enclosure verses grill

Does anyone know if a trouble light is sold that seals up completely. Stan dard trouble lights close up in front with a grill. I'm looking for someth ing like a plexiglass shield instead. With cfl's heat should not be a prob lem. The unit does NOT have to be gas tight, but it does have to preclude any material escaping in case of bulb damage.

I know you can purchase integrated units that are sealed totally but that's not what I want. I want to be able to change the bulb.

There are aluminum shrouds with a holding clamp that would have worked grea t, but they are completely open and expose the lamp to damage.

Thanks

Reply to
oldyork90

On Thursday, February 26, 2015 at 2:06:13 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote :

andard trouble lights close up in front with a grill. I'm looking for some thing like a plexiglass shield instead. With cfl's heat should not be a pr oblem. The unit does NOT have to be gas tight, but it does have to preclud e any material escaping in case of bulb damage.

's not what I want. I want to be able to change the bulb.

eat, but they are completely open and expose the lamp to damage.

Check for LED type, they should last forever and not ever require a bulb ch ange:)

Reply to
bob haller

Hi,

+1, I have one like that. Very handy.
Reply to
Tony Hwang

Have you looked at this type of fluorescent bulb unit, that has a cover over the bulb ?

Retired