Treatment for low-alkaline water?

For years I've been injecting chemical into my domestic water to remedy a severe low alkaline problem. This has worked fairly well, except that the particulate from the injection makes it impossible to drink (still doesn't taste good anyway), and it's a pain to feed the injector sump every three months.
The injector pump is finally starting to fail, so I thought I'd ask if there is a better way to do this now. If so, what is it and is it something I can install myself, something perhaps available at Grainger's? I'd like to avoid an ongoing service contract if possible.
Thanks, Paul
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
Add image file
Upload is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.