Treatment for low-alkaline water?

For years I've been injecting chemical into my domestic water to remedy a severe low alkaline problem. This has worked fairly well, except that the particulate from the injection makes it impossible to drink (still doesn't taste good anyway), and it's a pain to feed the injector sump every three months.

The injector pump is finally starting to fail, so I thought I'd ask if there is a better way to do this now. If so, what is it and is it something I can install myself, something perhaps available at Grainger's? I'd like to avoid an ongoing service contract if possible.

Thanks, Paul

Reply to
paul b