Treated Pine for Deck

Would love to hear any opinions on using treated pine for backyard deck . or some thing that better and cheap.

Reply to
Drew Cutter

That is about as cheap is it will get. Lots of things better, but all are more costly. When you get into mahogany, Ipe, cypress the price climbs, but so does the longevity.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Reply to
Drew Cutter

Yes, things like Trex, but you said you wanted cheap.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Might have to call the Realtor on this one. I measure the deck as being

20' by 20'. I go>
Reply to
Drew Cutter

Reply to
Drew Cutter

Comparable to cedar, mahogany is closer to $2, Ipe is about $2.15

Next questions. I got the porch already built.

Sanding it may work. It is not a coating, but the wood itself changed color from the UV rays of the sun. Most woods will turn gray over time unless protected. Either life with it and the deck will catch up, or stain the entire thing.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I built a 200 sq ft deck for my above ground swimming pool using southern yellow pine about seven years ago. I use a very light touch with my pressure washer on it every two or three years and restain it. It really hasn't aged in the seven years since I built it. I think you'll be happy with it.

Reply to
Mike Hartigan