transfer switch on multiwire circuits

If I have both circuits of a multiwire circuit going to a 120v transfer switch, then I have the potential to exceed the rating on the neutral. But if both circuits are just a few amps of lighting, then it really shouldn't be a problem.

Right? Or am I overlooking something?

Reply to
Wade Lippman

Make sure that both of the circuits originate from different poles on the panel. If so then the currents will cancel. Equal amps on each will produce

0 amps on the neutral. 10 Amps on one side and 8 Amps on the other will net a 2 Amp load on the neutral etc. If both circuits originate on the same pole then the currents will add and you will overload the neutral. Kevin
Reply to
Kevin Ricks