Toilets - What's The Latest In Performance

I thought I would update my last message based on the comments by others listing the American Standard Champion models.

It appears the Champion is a newer model and may be even better than the well known and recommended Cadet line.

The primary difference appears to be the larger 2 3/8" trap in the Champion compared to the very respectable 2" in the Cadet. Based on the specifications and the claims by American Standard, the Champion is the Champion. I will guess it will be more expensive, but I am planning on replacing one of my toilets in the not too distant future and I will try out the Champion.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Is it possible that yours require you to hold the handle down for a #2 to get a full flush? Many are designed this way.

Reply to
Alan

Just a follow-up to show the results of this thread. We ordered two Toto UltraMax today. Won't get them for a while because the color we wanted is on back order. Thanks everyone for the ideas and recommendations. The reference to the Terry Love website is what finally persuaded us to go with Toto.

Dick

Reply to
Dick

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 09:11:49 -0700, Dick wrote (with possible editing):

...lots of snipping!

Wow! That's a LOT of water - you're right, but why are you using so much water? Especially considering that it doesn't include irrigation. That's about 88 gallons per person per day. I'm not surprised you have a problem with your septic system.

Our gray water goes into a deep dry well. So far as I know, it never resurfaces, at least not within a few hundred yards. We have 150 acres in northern New England, though, so finding or disposing of water is not a problem.

I'd investigate a gray water system if I were you. It's a lot cheaper to add a dry well and it takes substantially less room than replacing a leach field.

However, first off, you might want to find out why you're using so much. Possibly a leak somewhere?

Good luck,

Reply to
L. M. Rappaport

We live on a 1/3-acre city lot with CC&R's and County ordinances. If I had 150 acres I wouldn't have a problem either. :-)

You're right. We need to find out why so much water. I have suspected an underground leak for some time, but not sure how to pursue it. Pipe is deep underground from the meter to the house, and the landscaping is all rock. I'll keep at it though.

Dick

Reply to
Dick

Try this site. These are supposed to be the best in toilets, but you pay the price.

Ron

Thanks Ron. I already ordered the Toto's.

Dick

Reply to
Dick