toilet paper buildup in drain

Is there a particular type of tool/snake I should get to clean out a drain for a toilet? The clog is close to the toilet, as it doesn't affect the other bathroom toilet. I don't know much about cleaning out plumbing. Thanks for the help in advance. Brian O.

Reply to
Brian O

The most simple first attempt and cheapest is to invest in a "plumber's friend". It is a suction cup affair that you put down in the bowl full of water and vigorously pump up and down. It is often enough to clear a simple stoppage.

Here is a picture of one:

DanG

Probably in the toilet passages itself. Ask for a "Closet Auger". Hand-operated snake just for this job.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

get what is called a closet auger .

Reply to
ds549

-> Is there a particular type of tool/snake I should get to clean out a drain

-> for a toilet? The clog is close to the toilet, as it doesn't affect the

-> other bathroom toilet. I don't know much about cleaning out plumbing. Thanks

-> for the help in advance.

-> Brian O.

Have you tried a plunger?

Reply to
Suzie-Q

This particular clog is a bit more stubborn than the tool you call for. Tried it already. I figured most people were smart enough to try a plunger, that's why I didn't mention it. B

Brian O

No but I stuk ma arm down in thar as fer as Ah kud and came out wid a nekid mole rat. B

Reply to
Brian O

I use this model, it's called the Master Plunger:

much more powerful than an ordinary plunger. Also the closet auger as described above. First you might try doing some "fishing" with a solid copper wire. I usually use 12 ga THHN (doesn't scratch the porcelain) with a little hook in the end. Let's see I've pulled out GI Joes, tooth brushes, hair brushes, If you've got kids it could be anything. Richard

Reply to
spudnuty