Timing for 15 HP briggs 28N707

I have the briggs and stratton 15 HP OHV 28N707. Does anyone know about a specification which calls fior this engine to be timed about one tooth in advance? I have heard a rumor that some Briggs require the timing to be advanced by one tooth? How do I determine if 28N707 is one of those engines? Also. If it is one of those, how do I advance the timing. which way do I move the cam? please help if you know specifically. This will take only a certified mechanic to know this for sure.

Reply to
mikey55

Robert Barr

" I have heard a rumor that some Briggs require the timing to be advanced by one tooth?"

"Wive's tale"

Walt Conner

Reply to
Walt Conner

it's a crock. there was however an old techumseh engine that ran one toothe retarded instead of having a governor. briggs never did that though, set it straight up and go. Chip

Reply to
Chip Stein