Thermostat wire needed

Google is your friend... found this in about 30 seconds:

About $25 incl shipping for 30'. There are probably many other online retailers as well.

Reply to
Doug Miller

I E =---- R

I don't think this formula applies where he lives....

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Go to an agricultural supply house. They sell 5 or 8 or 12 conductor wire for irrigation systems. They are for direct underground burial and 18 gauge solid.

Walter The Happy Iconoclast

Walter R.

The ones I have tried want to sell me the whole 250 ft. spool. I only need

30 ft.
Reply to
Injun-ear

Okay.

The humidistat is 2 wire. The thermostat is 4 wire (unless it's a heat pump). The humidifiers I've run use 2 wire with a dedicated transformer.

Does your system have a combo humidistat/thermostat?

Reply to
HeatMan

Reply to
Phil Munro

And resistance varies inversely with the square of the conductor diameter.

And to the length of the wire. Further, the constant of proportionality is different for different sizes of wire.

"Dan C" claimed that the resistances of 18- and 24-ga conductors are identical. That is patently false.

Doug Miller

I had googled many companies. Most all I found wanted to sell the 250' spool. Only one was willing to sell 30' and they wanted $10 extra for orders under $50.

So THANKS TO DOUG MILLER for that find. I have ordered my wire.

Chief Thunderthud.

Reply to
Injun-ear