Thermostat for 2 Stage gas furnace

Naaaa, just giving you shit because I was stupid enough to ask a question in HVAC and got flamed.

"HeatMan" wrote:

Reply to
Shrek

I knew about needing an extra wire, and already have a roll. I checked out the routing and it is a simple matter to fish the wire to the basement. I figure I can do it in 10 minutes or so.

Will give me something to do on my next day off, by then I should have the thermostat which I have already ordered.

Reply to
J Kelly

I've got brochures and the owners manual just no installation manual, which I know I don't need, but I like to be as informed as possible about stuff I've paid a lot of money for. The furnace in my last house had both manuals in a folder sitting on the return plenum, I found lots of good info in there (how to change fan speeds, etc, that was not in the owners manual). At least there is a wiring diagram inside the blower door, but no specs for things such as the HUM and EAC terminals, which I just might want to use at some point if I add an air cleaner or humidifier.

I'll check with the dealer and see if he will get me the installation manual. I just didn't want to have him wondering why in the world I want it to begin with.

Thanks for your help.

Reply to
J Kelly

There's nothing I could do about that. You should have lurked for a while before you waltzed in....

Reply to
HeatMan

I knew better than to ask over there.. I don't have a flame proof suit! ;-)

Reply to
J Kelly

One thing you forgot is your warranty, putting in a new stat is not beginner stuff, I would not do it unless I knew and checked all wiring and I don`t on 2 stage. You have 3 month old equipment, don`t risk damage or your warranty doing it yourself, you may be denied a warranty claim. Which leeds me to an earlier question, why even bother, you paid, it isn`t right. Unless you are the installer or got it used.

Reply to
m Ransley