The great ant invasion of 2008

I haven't seen Terro brand in quite a while, but have gotten the same sort of product at HD, very small bottle. Is is basic sugar and boric acid. For grease-eating ants, my bottles suggests adding a drop of cooking oil to the drop of bait. A drop of bait on a nice buttery cookie crumb works fine. Tastes vary - I think the adults avoid sugar but the kids go for it :o) Really.

Reply to
Norminn

Might be a blessing in disguise, what with food shortages coming. Perhaps sauteed with mushrooms? :o)

Reply to
Norminn

Cane Toads excrete a posion. For all I know, they are entirely posion in a toad sack.

Reply to
HeyBub

Buffo toads in Miami; excrete and kill dogs that pick 'em up. They were introduced by ships in the river.

Watch out for walking cat fish; Ft Lauderdale, circa '76. BTDT!

Reply to
Oren

"HeyBub" wrote in news:taqdnW-B8L0yj4zVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

That's OK. I don't eat toad shit.

Reply to
Red Green

That's likely so. They seem to like my kitchen counter.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I have had very good luck making baits with whatever I see them eating, 12 parts food, one part boric acid. Those ants dissapear and the ones who come back don't eat that food. They got so specific they would only eat Purina the dog had in his mouth (tasted the saliva I guess) Then I baited that. Now I see an ant now and then but they aren't eating anything.

We do have a particularly nasty ant here in Florida (the white foot guys) that can throw multiple queens and when one queen dies there is another one waiting to take over. We even have some ants that will take in workers from another colony if their queen is dead.

I am sure ants will be feasting on the last mammal's bones when our time is up.

Reply to
gfretwell

Ants do the damndest things. The dog is in charge.

Reply to
Oren