Texas power

A few years ago there was a petition for Texas to succeed from the United States.

At the same time there was a petition to kick Texas out of the United States.

Brazos supplies power to its member coops, who sell to customers.

Brazos refused to pass on exorbitant charges to their member coops and is using bankruptcy to avoid it.

<etc>

Is that for Brazos? For a generating plant in Texas? (Interesting comments.)

Reply to
bud--

I should put that one in your record book. Texans don't want my opinion but you, living in FL, speak for them. Got it.

My bet is those bills will be brought down to reality and there will be new regulation going forward. But then it is GOP Texas, so maybe they are that uncaring and stupid. IDK. I see that bonehead governor just took off ALL Covid restrictions on all businesses, no more mask requirements, etc. They are running at 7K cases a day, the more contagious variants are growing, the UK one will be dominant in a few weeks. So let's see how many more people we can kill needlessly before the vaccines kick in. Go Covid, go! It's just a mask. So happy I left the GOP two years ago, this is such total stupidity, all brought to you by Trump. He's the one that mocked masks, discouraged people from wearing them, held maskless death rallies. Monkey see, monkey do.

Reply to
trader_4

Oh, you saw that too, huh? Classic Fretwell. :-)

Within moments of Texas removing all mask requirements, Mississippi's Governor did the same.

For the time being, I'll continue to wear a mask. My Covid shot is scheduled for March 16, with a second shot around mid-April or so.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

I told you my father's side of the family are Texans and Okies. I do know a little about how they think.

My net is not much changes. Again, why is this any of your business? As we say here. "We don't give a damn how you used to do things up north".

I see that bonehead governor just took off ALL

If the lockdowns are so effective, why is California doing worse than Florida that has been pretty much open at 100% since the fall? Most people are wearing masks or something but not because the government says they have to.

Reply to
gfretwell

Yes - for brazos generating plant in Texas

Reply to
Clare Snyder

On Mon, 1 Mar 2021 21:26:30 -0800, Bob F posted for all of us to digest...

Ha good one. It can be sold as a "Smart Generator" maybe uses the WiFi to read the rates and activate.

People didn't read and understand what they were getting into. I'm not like that, I don't even buy green bananas ;)

Reply to
Tekkie©