Tarpaulin/awning for Deck

I'm thinkin' it's tarp time for the 8 x 16 deck. An exterior wall rising vertically some 16' above the deck invites some roller-type tarpaulin that unrolls to cover the deck at a steep angle, tied off to nearby trees.

Hokey, or is this done?

Guido

Reply to
Guido

go for it.

Reply to
m Ransley

Oh, it's done. You'll want to get some high-quality canvas, though; search for commercial suppliers for restaurants with outdoor cafes, which sometimes have something of this nature.

I would add in supports for the tie-downs, though, and save the trees from doing the job. It might be as simple as an aluminum pipe.

Reply to
Dan Hartung

If cost is not a problem, there are commercial ones that come with all the hardware, easy roll-up and let-down, neat installation etc. I wouldn't try to re-invent the wheel unless finances require it.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K