Surging water pressure

Hello,

I just moved into a house on city water. The pressure appears to surge at about 1 cycle per second, most noticeable when the toilet fills and surges a few times as the valve closes. Is there something in my house system that could be causing this (e.g. air in the water heater, or something) or is it the city pressure surging. I'm find it hard to believe it's the city pressure and no one has complained. Thanks for any insights.

Denny

Reply to
Dennis Straussfogel

1) Ask neighbors if they experience it. 2) Ask water dep't to come out and investigate. 3) See if there is a "Pressure reducing valve" (PRV) near the service entrance. Might look like:
Jim
Reply to
Speedy Jim