Suggestions for a large spa cover?

I don't know much about the technical end of running a spa. Our pool maintenance man does what it takes to keep things stable, as well as satisfying the health department. The water quality in our county is just plain nasty (salt/calcium/and who knows what) compared to what we're used to up north, and heavy on the chlorine is standard procedure in the desert. You can smell it just standing at the toilet. We wouldn't even consider drinking it, but at least I feel real sanitary when I get out of the hot tub.

There's no getting around the chlorine and chemical factor - just working around it is the vest we can do.

Reply to
uncle K

I do get around, but not that much. So much for geolocation.

Reply to
uncle K

It does, but then I'd have to actually take care of the thing, which doesn't make sense.

;-{)

Reply to
uncle K

I had a tub in Md with a 2" custom cut foam plug for the top and insulated sides. It did a whole lot better in a lot colder ambients.

Here in Florida it is not as cold and I do get a lot of free heat from my solars.

Reply to
gfretwell

-snip-

Part of that is the difference between living in AZ and a northern clime. I'm in NY- so I have a decent winter cover-- 2" Styrofoam under the portable tub- and 2" Styrofoam plus silver bubble wrap inside the wooden walls of the cabinet.

The power went off for a week the first year I had it installed. I had a remote thermometer inside the air-space under the tub. In a week, the temp got down to about 60F while it was 10-30F outside.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht