stucco in abq

I'd like to thank this forum for its useful comment, and I'm proud to report that I have good-looking week-old stuccoed parapets, thanks to the sage advice of Oren from Las Vegas. I'd give you Janet's phone number right here, but it's her home phone. If you'd like to meet a lady with $, property in lost wages, and a loyal local handyman, e-mail me at snipped-for-privacy@merrillpjensen.com .

As it is, I have a stucco project where I like my stucco methods so far, but I haven't done the parts that really need re-constructive surgery. I have wire and metal mesh in any abundance. I'm using del rey products, from albuquerque, new mexico.

I'm having trouble fastening metals or mesh to vertical surfaces, in this case, the existing building. Huge cracks go through the middle of the first vertical face such that I was thinking I could make the mesh longer by 3-1/2 " coming off the vertex, and have something in them with tensile strength.

I'm addressing the foundational issues with my client, and let me take a moment to describe this client, so that you know what I've got riding on the faithful execution of this task. I might know these people for thirty years. Therefore, the only correct answer now is one that is going to last 40, so that, with a little tuckpointing, we're all in our graves before anyone says that we failed.

Would duct tape and crazy glue put mesh in places it doesn't want to be because of its memory?

Thanks for your comment, and cheers,

Reply to
Cal Dershowitz